Friday, June 19, 2009

*ÐЯÈΛΜ ☆ come true ★·*

Yesterday was a long day. The scholarship interview was yesterday morning, and the "Kiki's Birthday" Party was noon. Couldn't actually sleep well the previous night. Woke up at 6 in the morning. Got prepared and went for the interview. Knowing that there wouldn't be traffic jams, coz I got the power of Daimoku. And deeply I believed that there won't be jams.

Arrived. Firstly asked to sign at the paper, and that hand was shaking while holding the pen. Couldn't really sign for that moment, but paused for a second or two. And, signed at last. Sat, waited. Finally, interview started. Gliding myself to the room, with sweat on my hands. Trying to be calm. But didn't really manage to calm down. A little shivering and nervous for the first time. What an odd interview it was. I've said things I shouldn't have, and didn't say things i should.

"Does your father has a fixed income?" he asked. "Yea". But actually he doesn't have a fixed income, and income is based on commission.
"How old is your father?" another enquired. I said "55". "55?", "Err... no no sorry, he's 62.", "He's 62 and hasn't retire yet? Wow, still so strong.", "Haha, yea."
"What are you doing lately?". "Well, I'm not doing anything.", "You're not doing anything? Then you show no determination for me as you're just sitting and waiting for things to happen."......

Soon, ended. Walked out the room, and got drastically calmed in just half a second. Hands stopped sweating. Passed by students eating, didn't even dare to look at them since I was wearing normal high school white shirt with long sleeves, my "old time" prefect pants, and a tie... They must be thinking that my outfit is odd... Haha... Got the lift, met my parents and went to the parking lot. Mom: "How's the interview?" Me: "It was ok."

Got in the car, got out the parking lot. And a thought swifted by. "Wait, what did I say? My dad's 62? But He's just 54! What was I doing? What was I saying? And, what? By saying I wasn't doing anything, my intention is to show that I'm not working nor studying. I didn't mean by doing nothing AT ALL! Forgot to mention about Soka activities and meetings I attend almost everyday." A regretful thought, but stopped by my concious mind saying I shouldn't regret what I did. But that was odd, my brain's confused around number 5 and 6... Couldn't recall what I should say. Oh, feeling that trouble's clouding above....

Got home, laid on bed, and got a peaceful moment to bury the regrets and nervousness. Didn't think much. Got online, and saw Joe on MSN. Told him about that as he's the first one to know about that. Not even my parents, not wanting them to worry bout it.
Jack: I said things I shudnt and din say things i shud! Oh My God!
Joe : What did u say?
Jack: They asked my father's age and I said "55, err no no sorry, he's 62" then they said "wah ur father so old still not retired ah?" then I said "hehe yea..." But then my father's only 54!
Joe : Wow, that's a big trouble...
Jack: God!
Joe : God bless u...
------Meanwhile-------

Called Karen up and asked if we could both go to Jusco a little earlier for Keith's present. And I'd really need to talk to her bout that. Disaster... She came along with a big wide smile, which made me couldn't really resist to smile back. And I told her about it, and we laughed about it. Then shopped for Keith's birthday and, ring ring the hand phone goes~ Hello?
"Hello? Is this Leong Vvvei Kittt? Congrrrrratttttulationss, vvve havvve awvvarded you the MAPCU scholarshhip" (with that odd Indian slang she talked)
"Okay, Thank you!"

Turned over, and "Ahh!! Karen! I Got IT!! I got the scholarship!!" She was the first to know I got it. She smiled, and she was happy for me. : ) Didn't really think I could get it since there's trouble clouding up~ Haha~ Got down and met Jolene, Yean Yi, and Keith. The first thing Jolene asked was "How was it!?" She's even more serious then I was. And so, I told her about it, and they were all so happy for me. I saw their expressions, and I told myself, these are my good old real friends.
: ) They're truly happy for me. (PS: Mun Horng was busy talking to other girls and so, he wasn't there to hear the news. Forgot to let him know after that.) And, gave the present to Keith. He was even happier~ Haha.... He didn't think of getting presents. We ate, we talked, we chat~ We laughed, we sang, we celebrated~

----Outta the McD, shopped for a while----
Suddenly, saw a person that looks like Joe, a guy in black. And, oh yep that's Joe. Approached him, and the first he said was, again related to the scholarship. "How are you? How was it?"
Surprisingly, well at least a surprise to him. I told him I got it. And he was also very happy for me. Felt like I've never seen him so happy for such a long time. : ) And I was happy for that moment not because of my scholarship but to see my friends to be so happy.
Saw Zoey (had a feeling I will see her in Jusco before this), talked, saw Rachel, Sze Jing, talked and bla bla bla... Went for ice-creams~ And bye~

Got home, again. Standing at the front door. "Dad, mom.... I GOT IT!!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!" Dad was smiling and so happy, whereas mom couldn't believe it! Amazed!

Again, laid on the bed, and think. My good old friends. They're truly happy for me. And I hope they'll stay happy in their lives too. These, are true friends. I'll love them forever~

Well, too bad other friends couldn't be there. Like Mei Xian, May Kei, Vain, Man Yee, and Lyn Huei, and Dear Ling Li, and Baby Siew Ling, and Amal, Azra, Nani, and okay lah Kavin I count u in as well... Haha and Mr Muky! ^ ^ and god I could make a list of friends here... XD and bla bla bla...(sorry if I didn't mention about u, but thanks for being my friend^ ^) I'm so grateful~ : )
Oh oh! And Lyn Huei (a friend of mine who applied the same scholarship as I but different college) I heard that she's got hers too!! Yay! Sounds like a double victory and double happiness to me~ Yay!! XD

And I need to thank Esmin, my neighbour, just like my sister, and also Edmund, friend known thru Soka. Both Interior Designers, both inspired me, helped me, taught me a thing or two. Both soka member, and both names start with "E". Both are my role model~ I always thought that, could I be like Esmin or like Edmund someday in the future? But with my faith I know I could! Haha... And thanks to my dear cousins too~ ^ ^ they're also Interior Designers~ Thanks mom for asking me to try out this scholarship, thanks dad for picking us up and down the traffic. Thanks my friends that worried for me and supported me. Thanks Keh Chong, thanks Gohonzon. Thanks everyone! : )

(PS, I'll keep on chanting, that I could attend all the Soka activities and meetings during my study. I don't wanna miss even one!)

This is just a beginning, a path I chose, and I'll do my best! It's my dream come true. This is where my faith brought me~

2 comments:

  1. Fuiyoh, my name is mentioned. Too bad can't make it that day 'coz gotta work. )=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of corz lah my dear friend~ ^ ^ never forget friends~

    ReplyDelete