Monday, September 7, 2009

My Footsteps...

This was my story during the departure from high school. It brings me a lot of memories while reading it again.

28th November 2008

This morning, I woke up a little earlier. Probably because of the habit of waking up early for school. I sat on my bed, and let my thoughts drift along. Why am I waking this early? This chilly morning, seems a little, different. No more, alarm clock, no more waiting for bus, no more uniforms, no more sunrise, no more assembly, no more home works, no more school bags, no more the faces I’d lived with, played with, shared with, and laughed with.

This seems to be a kind of freedom, but this freedom I have, happened to make today so silent. This quietness made me feel as though something were missing. This sudden change, seems so, uncomfortable. I sat by the window, refuse to be back into my dreams. I gazed at the sky, as the sun rises. Spring, summer, autumn and winter, time, is such a crafty and hasty creature. The pavements that I’ve wandered in, the little wooden chair where I used to sit, the broad white board that I’ve written on. These seem familiar, and yet, so far to reach. They were once seen very often, and wouldn’t cost this much of attention. But now, they were entangled in my mind, astounding with every pound of my heart. Things that were once so tiny, turned out massively.

As I walked out that school, I left my footsteps behind, my thoughts, my passion, and probably, some of my memory. How I wish that they will never fade in my heart. If I had a vault, there they will be. My heart struggles as I walk to and fro. It would be glad if I move on, I promised them to. But it’s hard for me to just leave them behind. My heart, struggling, and in the same time, telling me to keep moving forward. What am I suppose to do? Is this a phase?

Those faces that lies beneath my heart, how I wish that they will be seen again. Those faces that gave me warmth, and those faces that gave me courage. I would do anything to ever hug them, to talk to them, or even having the chance to see them. When freedom was brought along, separation and farewell followed. We were all happy, and in the same time, unhappy as well. But we promised each other not to cry, and to see each other again somewhere in the corner of the future. We move on, open up new doors, knowing new faces. But we never forget each other, nor will us be weak. But sometimes I do miss every little thing in that place. That placed called school, mystical, magical, and yet, malicious. It brought us all together, and it broke us up. I might be missing you a lot and my heart will be as though it was torn apart.

Things that happened in this place, will never be put out of my mind. It reminds me of who I am, and what I did. Every single moment, means a lot to me. It always make me laugh when I think of them. Those happy faces, are the faces that I will never ever forget. Perhaps this is life. This may be the price we pay to grow, and learn. But it’s sure expensive to me though. Those were my greatest treasure, and now they were just ashes of payment. I won’t forget what I’ve got, what I’ve seen, what I’ve learnt. This, is where we break up. Perhaps it’s not an ending point, but somehow, a starting point, for all of us. We all, are on our own way now, chasing our dreams, reaching our destiny. Perhaps there will be a corner in the future, where we would meet each other again. Till then, we will have to keep moving forward. We should all cherish what we have, till our lives incinerate into nothingness. It is not easy for people of right feeling to meet in such a big universe. But fate has done that. Don’t forget me, cause I’ll never forget you. When you’re down, think of me, think of my smile, and things we did. Life was never easy, but together, we
are one. I wish you luck for you will all go on your own path, but I’ll look back at the
days we’ve been through quite often, knowing that your smile will never fade off my heart.
You’ll be in my heart, and I’ll love you all forever and for always. Goodbye, my friends.
I’ll be waiting you all in the future. See you all in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment