Monday, September 7, 2009

Stars*

1st February 2009

Today, I went back to hometown once again. Sitting in the car, I looked out on the side. Slowly, I slept. As I woke up, I arrived. Looking at the things I've grown up with. This, I'll be missing.

As the sky turned gloomy, we packed and head back to the city. I gazed up to the sky, and saw some stars, twinkling. Suddenly, a group of stars appeared from the dark, glowing. I've never seen
such many stars before.

Perhaps, the skies of cities are too bright for them. Being far far away from the city lights, I saw every sparkle, glimmering. Stars, they do not speak. And so, they decided to glow in the
dark, telling their loneliness.

Dreadfully, citizens living in the city lights never had a single opportunity to ever take a look at them. They just faded under the complicated lights of cities.

I saw them, glimmering. No matter how bright they are, or how dim they are, I saw them. And I'm sure I'm not hallucinating. They do not soar, nor do they tangle. They just ignite every chance they get. They tend to tell stories.

During daytime, the sun has snatched their spotlight. They could only illuminate during night. But have you seen them crying? Or have you heard their stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment